THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, August 14, 2010

What's That Smell?

First off, and most importantly, I'M HOME!!! What an intense experience this has been. Working 12 hr days all alone while finishing your bands album and turning in your mission papers. That mostly sums it up. Add in old feelings being remembered, friends coming home from missions, and xfwife wanting to be friends again but then not talking to you. What a time. Seeing wildlife galore. Including llama's, miniture donkeys, elk, snakes, frogs, racoons, skunks, golden finches, tarantulas, bears, bambi, and sarah. Vicious beasts. I kissed one of them, and no it wasn't Sarah. We don't do that in our family. I think it's gross. Kissing is for spouces and babies. I know a family that the girls kiss their dad on the lips goodnight. weird. I can't imagine kissing my dad period anywere. It's gross. Holding hands and huggling is cute, kissing is super random if you think about it. Anywho. So I get home and I go downstars with a bunch of my stuff, and something smelled different. I was so worried that the water in the toilet bowl was going to look like a swamp when I opened the lid. Green with bugs and alligators. But no. It was clean. I could still smell something differnt. Oh so familiar though. In fact... It was extremely familiar. Like... 16 years familiar. -side note [Before i continue, I must clarify a vivid recollection. Every family has a different smell. You walk into their house and know it's them. Some more distinct than others, but we all have it.] eh hem. Well, I was smelling my smell!!! It was my house I could smell. Thankfully it wasn't odorously horrendous. It wasn't bad. Still right now, I can smell it a bit. I wonder if it will ever go away. Maybe no, esp since the fact that MY FAMILY IS MOVING!!! I don't remember anything other than this house. I know everyone says that their ward is the best, but mine really is. Take for example the group of guys I grew up with. Starting and ending with Daniel. Daniel Moyer (almost 23) to Daniel Merkley (18). There are 8 of us. Daniel Moyer and Stephen Merkley are the oldest and have served faithfully on their missions for two years. We have Brian Nielson who has served for two years and is coming home on Wednesday. We have Thomas Manning, Stephen Moyer, and Jacob Merkley that have served for 1.5 years approx. Ryan Merkley having served one year tomorrow. And me who will without a doubt serve 2 years. How many groups of 8 best friends can you find in the world that all serve full missions? Never heard a swear word out of any of their mouths. Half of the guys didn't ever kiss or steady date a girl before their missions. You want a good husband. Talk to me and I'll introduce you to one of my buds. These friendships were just one aspect of our location. Think about my other siblings and their friends. Think about the school we attended.So, moving for me isn't just a change of scene, It's leaving behind the best thing that's ever happened to my family. That's why it's taken us so long to do it. We've been talking about it for years now. This house is too big. Could have made bank a couple of years ago. But now, we need to move on and move out. So, my farwell talk might be for a different ward. If not, I'll come home to a different house. Life happens what can I say! It's time.
Tonight Jaron Ellingson and I did the craziest thing. I cannot tell you. I fear it becoming public news and no more a novelty. Seriously one of the scariest, intense, borderline law breaking events I've ever participated in. I promise that no one was hurt, and it is legal. But, I won't tell. I am planning on video taping it sometime though. Maybe then it will hit the web and everyone will know. But till then, you'll just have to wonder in your subcontious tract what in the world could they have done?!
So ya. I'm home. It smells a bit weird. Can't wait for Brian to come home/my mission papers/sn&gl cd's. Haven't decided what adventures are going to fill my life after the next month of hectic events settle in! Oh... and today is the first day of summer. I know you all just went back to school or are going soon. Mine just started. IT FEELS GREAT TO BE FREE!

P.S.(I want to post pictures, because pictures are beautiful.)


6 of the 8. This was our band Favored Nation. What beautiful future husbands. One of them could be yours!!


This is who I get to spend my workdays with! I love Nathan.


This is Mychal. She is my best friend from EFY(with dissent). Visited her while she was in town running at a cross country meet.


Thanks all. Much Luff

0 comments: