THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, August 15, 2010

NEW TEMPLATE PLEASE!!!

I need a new template background. This one is ridiculous. I thought I sorta liked it, but it reaks. So, any suggestions on good sights? Anyone know how to create your own? Any info would be delightsome.

I have the desire to blog about something every single day. So... Tune In! I'll try not to disappoint. But, with this challenge comes the craziness of having something to blog about every day. In my endeavors to keep it intruiging, I have decided to create a new part of my blog entitled, "". Tonights episode will be called Baseball: His Story. History? Funny? Actually, not at all. Any who, here goes.

I was born on November 22nd, 1991. My family moved to my current residence in October of 1994 at the age of 2. I was soon introduced to my new nextdoor neighbor David Jesse Lindblom. We spent our ripening years digging in dirt, rollerblading, t-ball, playing with tractors, petting lambs, riding bikes, watching arthur and reading rainbow, buying matching Velcro shoes, and eating butter we were told was ice cream. When school began, it became difficult to remain friends with David.I soon opened up my circle to my cousin down the street Ryan Paul Merkley. Ryan was a genius and full of interesting ideas. We made a radio show, Reynolds Popsicles, Mike & Ikes Candy Shop, drew pictures, played baseball, played computer games, and lots of fun times. I remember the exciting feeling of going over to Ryan's house for our newest adventure. We were always doing some project or another. We became scientist. We studied the world. We were Inventors better than Goldberg. Life was at our beckon. While the world intrigued us, we had another side. A side that science and mathematics could not explain. Baseball. How can so many receive such a thrill from such a menial game? We were entranced. We played baseball, we watched baseball, we slept baseball. We played on the computer. We created baseball games such as Ping Pong Baseball. We collected baseball cards. We had our favorite teams and players. Mine being the Astros with Jeff Bagwell and Craig Biggio. And Ryan's was the Indians with Jim Thome and Nomar Garciaparra. Those were the days. We made our way up through the ranks. Ryan started playing in Little League because he was 1 year older than I. I so wanted to be on Ryan's team the next year. I tried out, but was chosen by another coach. So we were best friends on opposite forces. We both became veteran players on our team, even the star pitchers. Our teams had one game left in the season, and it was against each other. Both of us were the starting pitchers. And what will you know, he beaned me! A bean is where the pitcher throws the ball at the batter an the batter gets a free base. Yes, my beloved cousin and friend hit me with the ball. Needless to say my team won. Despite the thrill of playing in a league with uniforms, the best was not on the official diamonds. Cardon Park. It's a wonderful place where our dreams came true. We would round up all the neighborhood kids by calling them on the phone in our ward directors and put together wonderful games. As time grew on, baseball's grandeur was lost to many of these comrades. But a few of us remained. The faithful survivors. There were 7 of us. And what was to come was incredible. We played baseball nonstop. We collected thousands of ballcards. Our home state got a new baseball team The Diamondbacks and we watched every televised baseball game. We created our own teams, our own league, or own championships. We kept stats of our good we were. We made our own baseball cards. We filmed our games. It was legit. The first couple of weeks of school in the fall were so terrible. We couldn't do without our summer's pastime. So, we played. Before school. We would wake up at 4:30 in the morning and play baseball before school. It was a way of life. As time continued we found the pleasure in many other sports, but baseball still held the highest place in our hearts. And while life continued on, our passion never died. As for me, my future changed drastically. I was going to be a professional baseball player. I was making it to the Big Leagues. The MLB. Major League Baseball. I played t-ball, majors, juniors, I was voted on the league all-star team every year, and then I was a freshmen at Taylor Jr. High. This now gave me the opportunity to play for a school team. I was one of the first on the list of players to make the cuts. I was the starting pitcher for our first three home games and led the team in Earned Run Average. I started at least one game in every position on the field but two. Coach loved me. I was the go to guy. When we played our cross-city rivals that his mother's dying wish was to beat them, he placed me on the mound and told me of his mother's importance in this game. But there was one thing. I wasn't the only one on the team was I? And I'm not saying this because I was the best. I mean, we had the famed Dallin Parker! We had the athletic Jaymen Green. We had a team full of talent,... but lacking in another thing. Standards. They didn't care. It was cool to be dirty. It was cool to talk filth. It was cool to swear. Well, to me it wasn't cool. And it broke my heart. At the end of the season, I had to make a decision. I had to decide to leave my dreams behind because I knew there was something better. It was the hardest decision of my life, and still to this day I yearn for the fealing of wearing that uniform while standing under the lights. The power you have while standing on the mound with the ball in your hands knowing that 8 other players in the field depended on your ability to defeat the batter. I miss that feeling so much. The game inside of the game. What pitch to throw? When to swing? Should I steal a base? What is the batter expecting? There is no other sport like it. There's no sports in heaven, but if God wanted to allow one, I know he would choose baseball. It's America's favorite pastime. It's every young boy's dream. It was my life. I love this game and I love those who made it so special to me. Every friend, every coach, every mlb player I heroized. Baseball is life.

0 comments: