THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Holidays?

Today was grand. Lots of cleaning-ish things. I'm getting rid of loads of things due to my long leave from home. And my family is getting rid of loads of things too! But because they're moving sometime when I'm gone. We need a smaller house so we need to get rid of our extra stuff. Because of this, I have realized how ridiculously much I have. It's not even funny. Like no joke, I have so much stuff. I got rid of probably 90% of my clothing and I still have basically a full closet. We all could get along with so much less.
This month being November, it's almost natural to be grateful, but this year is even more so. And today was Veteran's Day. But... honestly I wasn't that grateful for the Veterans. In fact, I got to thinking about all of the holidays and how warped they are. All of them are twisted from what they used to be. Christmas is about Christ and all we do is decorate and buy presents. Thanksgiving is about giving thanks yet all we do is eat and play/watch football. St. Patrick's Day is supposed to be a holy day about God. Yet all we do is wear green and drink beer. In fact, the original color of st. patty's day is BLUE!!! We've changed even the appearance of the day. I challenge anyone to come up with a holiday that hasn't morphed into some worldly tradition that spawns idol worship and satanic rituals.

1 comments:

Miya said...

Oh my goodness! So hard! There are practically no holidays that haven't ever been morphed!